"the WindMate 200 is a great handheld wireless weather station…"
The WindMate 200 wind gauge from Speedtech is a best selling hand held electronics product for any boater. The Windmate 200 is a great product and is basically a wireless weather station. If you have a smaller boat without built in navigation and electronics systems, you depend upon hand held electronics. You probably have a handheld VHF, handheld GPS so a handheld wind gauge is a natural! If you have a larger boat with built in systems, you know the value of having back ups. The Windmate 200 wind gauge is a great marine instrument because it is easy to use, versatile (loaded with features!), compact and rugged.
- Easy to use. Apple products and especially my iPhone have really spoiled me. I can't stand having to read instruction manuals or help screens. Products should be intuitive and the WindMate 200 is exactly that. I easily figured out how to use the Speedtech WindMate 200 in 2 minutes. Impressive given how many features are packed into this wireless weather station!
- The WindMate 200 wind gauge is loaded with features. Of course, the WindMate 200 tells you the wind speed. It gives you current wind speed, average wind speed (over 10 seconds) and max wind speed. You can get this in MPH, knots, Beaufort scale and several other measures. There is also a built in digital compass, this is great as a back up compass and also enables you to determine wind direction as well as wind speed. Additionally, the WindMate 200 wind gauge is a thermometer that measures both Fahrenheit and Celsius as well as wind chill. Great for you colder weather boating.
- The WindMate 200 wind gauge is a great compact & rugged design. It has a 'jack-knife' case which protects the LCD screen and at 3.2oz (and 5 1/2 x 1 3/4 x 3/4") it slides easily into your pocket. This makes it more accessible and I get more use out of it as a result. When closed, the plastic case keeps the WindMate well protected from items in your pocket or a drop on the deck.
One of the things that I value the most about the WindMate 200 wind gauge is that it helps me know when to reef and even when to just stay put (with young kids, this is sometimes the best option!). In addition, the WindMate from Speedtech has a lithium battery that is replaceable and an auto shutdown feature to help save that battery. This hand held wind gauge has a good sized back-lit LCD display which reads in tenths. We found that it was accurate in reading both temperature, direction and of course speed. As you'd expect, the WindMate 200 is water resistant and is backed by a 2 year Speedtech warranty. Marine Product Reviews really likes the WindMate 200 wind gauge as a compact and reliable addition to your hand held gadget collection. It's also priced very reasonably at around $140.
- Wind speed accuracy +/- 3% from .8-89Mph
- Wind speed range to 135Mph
- Digital compass/wind direction accuracy +/- 2°
- Temp/Windchill accuracy +/- 1.8° F
- Optional Units: Mph, km/h, kt, ft/min, m/s, BF (Beaufort)
- Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Avg windspeed over 10 secs
- Max windspeed 2 sec gust since power on
- Auto shutdown
- POWER: CR2032 replaceable Lithium battery (included)
- Measures: 5.5” x 1.75” x .75” closed
- Weighs 3.2oz with battery
- 2-yr warranty