A great sailing watch for competitive sailors…
The Regatta Master II Watch, from Gill, is new, lightweight and designed specifically for competitive sailors. Bottom line is this is an excellent boat racing watch at a very reasonable price.
Sailing racers will enjoy the synchronization feature of this racing watch. This feature allows sailors to readjust their timings to the closest minute at any time in the start sequence. There are large buttons on the sides of the watch that help to avoid any accidental ‘miss-press’ at the start of the race. The Regatta Master II from Gill, when in the start countdown mode, gives a sound signal each minute. Then, when in final minute count down, the seconds count down numbers enlarge to full screen display for ease of viewing.
The Gill Regatta Master 2 sailing watch has a power saving sleep-mode. Battery life of the Regatta Master II racing watch is lengthened and when the time does come to change the battery, a simple coin will remove the back cover (easy!), and once re-sealed, the sailing watch remains totally waterproof – quick and easy!
There is an international dual-time function so that two different world times may be displayed consecutively. For night-use, there is a powerful electro-luminescent back light on the Gill Regatta Master 2 watch. The awesome durable wrist strap completes the stylish design of this great sailing watch from Gill.
Features of the Gill Regatta Master 2 Sailing Watch:
- Countdown Timer Big Screen function – During the last minute of the countdown sequence, the seconds count down in a full screen format for ease of viewing. Perfect for those crazy race starts!
- Countdown Timer with Sync function – Key feature for fast accurate starts. This allows you to adjust your timing to the nearest minute at any time during your sequence.
- The Regatta Master 2 is waterproof to 50 meters — Keeps working when you are scrubbing the bottom, snorkeling or getting sprayed with Champagne at the awards dinner!
- Button Lock feature – Prevents accidental button push during critical sequencing. Again, perfect for those crazy starts!
- Digital Compass – Great back up. Gives you the ability to take quick sightings from any location on the boat, car or land.
- Luminescent Backlight – Easy to read at night. A must on all great sailing watches.
- Calendar and Alarm – Great to keep track of your time and wake you for your boat watch change.