The Atmosphere jacket from Henri Lloyd is great lightweight foul weather jacket from one of the most renown and respected names in foul weather gear. Actually, calling the Atmosphere jacket a foul weather jacket might be over stating the point, it's not the jacket that you'll wear in harsh, cold conditions but it's absolutely perfect for summer use up north, down south or in the tropics. It's really a 'sailing jacket' more than a foul weather jacket. Henri Lloyd's Atmosphere is made from a revolutionary outer shell material (TP1 Air Con Pacac) that moderates your body temperature according to the elements including the temperature and moisture levels. The result is a comfortable micro climate next to your body. The Henri Lloyd Atmosphere technology works equally well in both warm and cooler conditions. It's also the sort of jacket that you could comfortably wear layers under. The three things that make the Henri Lloyd Atmosphere jacket stand out are:
- Lightweight - The Atmosphere jacket is a lightweight outer shell made from a material that is very soft to the touch which makes it more comfortable than other foul weather shells. It's an easy foul weather jacket to roll up and tuck in a duffel bag which helps to make sure that you'll have it when you need it.
- Breathable – You can't help but notice how breathable this jacket is. The Atmosphere sailing jacket from Henri Lloyd has a light weight mesh lining which helps to pull sweat away from your body and keep you cool and dry.
- Water proof – The Atmosphere's outer shell is water proof and wind proof to keep you warm and keep you protected from spray light light rain. The Atmosphere also has velcro adjustable wrists that help to keep the elements out and can be easily adjusted even with gloves. The front (two-way) zipper has a lightweight storm flap with partial velcro and a drainage channel.
The Henri Lloyd Atmosphere has a low collar with a very comfortable and soft interior lining. There is a lightweight roll away hood inside the Atmosphere's collar for additional protection. There are two external welded pockets that are flush to the outer shell which have easy to grab extended non-corrosive zippers. There is one internal pocket which is also zippered and is perfect for glasses, and iPod or phone. The hem has an adjustable shock cord. The Atmosphere jacket from Henri Lloyd also has a contoured shape to reduce windage and articulated arms for ease of movement. Marine Product Reviews is really impressed with the Henri Lloyd Atmosphere jacket and recommends it as a light weight sailing jacket that you should have on board or in your duffel. If you travel in the spring to warmer climates to sail, the Atmosphere jacket is one to bring. It come in 5 colors red, lime, white, blue or carbon and is reasonably priced at ~$150-$170.
Henri Lloyd Atmosphere Jacket Features
- Foldaway hood zips into collar
- Collar and jacket are lined with soft, quick-drying micro-fiber mesh
- Two-way, non-corrosive zip front with storm flap and drainage channel
- Welded side pockets and internal pocket with water-resistant zips
- External hook and loop wrist adjusters
- Ashockcord adjustable hem
I have the Henri Lloyd Atmosphere jacket and use it in New England during the summer. I have found it to be a great light weight sailing jacket for light rains. It's also the jacket I pack when cruising in the BVI. I'm glad I have this jacket.